Archinect
anchor

GEORGIA TECH M.ARCH APPLICATION HELP

Perli

Is anyone applying to or know anything about Georgia Tech's M.Arch application? The supplemental materials portion of the application asks 2 essay questions, one of which being, "How have your experience and background prepared you for your studies at Georgia Tech?" Later on in the application, there is a personal statement requirement that asks the same question. 

I've reached out to advisors at the school but they are all on winter break...Can I just upload the same response for both or is there something I'm missing?

Anyone else applying to the program have any input on the situation?

Dec 21, 20 11:48 am
mitbos

Why would you ever upload the same essay to two questions...

Just think hard and write something different its probably only 300 worlds that would take 20 minutes to write . There are applicants that have so many aspects of themselves that they want to show but can't fit into all the essay questions

Dec 24, 20 2:38 am  · 
1  ·  1
Non Sequitur

yes, you are missing something: about 50% of the minimum effort required. 

Dec 24, 20 8:05 am  · 
madeleinejm

@Perli:

I'm applying to GT right now too! Personally, I'm creating separate essays since the personal statement requires a lot more information.

If you'd still like to speak with advisors, Robin responded to me earlier today so it seems like she's available to answer questions.

Dec 30, 20 6:21 pm  · 
1  · 
Quentin

GT M.Arch grad! 

Does Robin still work there? Ask her, she was super helpful when I was applying back in the day.

Dec 30, 20 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
madeleinejm

Yay GT! I think Robin still works there - she helped me with the application process. Do you remember when you heard back from Tech about admissions decisions?

Feb 24, 21 8:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: