Archinect
anchor

Admission Advice on Waterloo and Ryerson Architecture Program

aimaasi

Hi! My name is Aima and I am a BC highschool student in Grade 12 currently with a 93% Avg and am currently building my portfolio for admission. It would be amazing if I could get some advice on how to gain interest from admission officers and professors beforehand seeing as I am applying from out of province and would like to improve my chances by trying to get recognition. 

If anyone is currently/or has previously graduated from these universities with an architecture degree, I would love some advice on the admission process and what to include/add in my portfolio and its accompanied video interview. I am also very curious to know the admission quota for out of province students since I know that Ontario students have a higher preference. Im eager to hear you replies!

Dec 18, 20 11:52 pm
Non Sequitur

Waterloo by a cubic light year.  It is, without argument, the best arch undergrad in canada. I have a M.arch from loo and participated in several dozen undergrad interviews for admittance.  Post your folio and questions and I may be able to help...

To your quota point, I don't think that's an issue.  The school wants the best entrance class possible so they do not limit out of province applicants.  Honestly, we never even considered province of origin when reviewing bios. Dirty napkin sketches and non-typical creative art pieces rule and if I can list the biggest faux-pas, it's claiming "I did this piece because my art teacher said so".  That's a quick and easy black mark on your application.  Own your folio and make every piece meaningful.

Dec 19, 20 12:24 am  · 
 · 
aimaasi

Thankyou for your reply! Is it ok if I email you some of my folio pieces?

Dec 19, 20 12:30 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Go ahead. I do not have much time this weekend but I will take a look and return some comments. Use the little contact link next to my user name in the first comment.  It'll get to me.

Dec 19, 20 12:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: