Archinect
anchor

Studying architecture with a low GPA

ayeshaleith

Hi, any advice would be highly appreciated. 

I am a US citizen who moved to the Caribbean. I attained my high school education here. I did extremely well in my CXC studies. (I believe that GED is equivalent to CXC in the US) However, my current GPA is way below average and many US schools do not accept or recognize CXC passes. I am interested in earning a B.ARCH degree. 

Is community college the only option for me? If so, what courses should I take? What are some good community colleges that suit my predicament? Any additional information?

Thank you in advance. 

Dec 17, 20 11:16 am
newbie.Phronesis

Without having any specifics: probably? In Canada you can transfer from community college to universities then a B.Arch, and after college your high school GPA won't matter. But why is your GPA low? University and architecture school especially are highly demanding - if you don't put all your effort in, you will fail out.

Dec 17, 20 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
newbie.Phronesis

And the usual: why do you want to go into architecture? have you had any contact, work exp, etc? Architects don't really work or live how most believe they do. 

Can try interning at an office or corresponding with someone in the field and get a better picture while you're going through college. Cheers and good luck!

Dec 17, 20 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: