Archinect
anchor

Reputation of UBC SALA MArch program?

donout

Hi guys, Im just completing my foundation year of the MArch program at the University of Calgary. Im thinking about transferring over to UBC as the city of Calgary is not for me, but I'm having a difficult time determining the quality of SALA's character. I know it is a prestigious program, but whereas SAPL (Calgary specializes is what seems to be computational/parametric design I cant quite tell what the flavor of SALA is. 

Dec 16, 20 7:10 pm
Non Sequitur

you should have picked Carleton. Transferring m.arch schools is difficult since not all schools line up their courses & thesis the same way. Sure, calgary is not the greatest city, but who cares. Finish the degree and move to a better place.

Dec 16, 20 7:35 pm  · 
1  · 
newbie.Phronesis

^this. Worst case scenario, have to do an extra year... :/

I believe Calgary lets you do a semester abroad, that could help if you need to escape the snow/city. Cheers

Dec 16, 20 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
vonlehn

Can I ask if it's just about Calgary? How are you finding the MArch program at U of C? (I was supposed to start Foundation Year but deferred because of some covid-related reasons). 

Dec 16, 20 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Getting educated in the region you want to live is a good idea ( just said the same thing in another post but it does ring true.  Especially if you get some good traction with certain profs who lecture in the school.  I picked up a number intern positions that way and even opened some doors to full time employment when ai graduated.... it's about building a network and it doesn't start when you start a firm it starts in school!.

Dec 18, 20 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
aaaaa19

SALA is flavourful, studio component, theory component, env. tech component, structures component all running at a full force at the beginning of term one (just finished 1st semester AP). Profs are great so are profs at Carleton

Dec 20, 20 2:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: