Archinect
anchor

Master in Architecture for Non-Architecture

Catuncle13

hi! Is there any chance for non architecture bachelor degree in M.Arch? I love the way how a building looks, their design and concept . I'm an undergraduate student in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. There are some particular reasons why i can't take Architecture at the first time, and in my current major...yes we were learned about how to design ship and a little bit engineering drawing's basic...but we didn't learned the way another Architecture's students did (Note. In my school, these two majors are in different department) like specifically...i put my interests in building design (like land building, interior design etc) more than vessel or offshore design. Any suggestion for what should i do and what am i looking for at first? 

Dec 13, 20 1:24 am
Jaetten

where are you based? That’ll dictate what you can and cannot do. 

Dec 13, 20 10:21 am  · 
 · 
rebecasena

Hey Catuncle13

As Jaetten stated, it depends on your location. There are several options for you to consider:

- If you are a hands-on person, you might get into architectural visualisation and provide 3d models and images for architectural offices.

- BIM is also an option: being a Revit technician, for example.

- Although rarer and rarer nowadays, you still can get a job as CAD drafter.

- It´s possible to get an Interior Design diploma in up to 2y. 

Hope it helps :)

Dec 14, 20 8:52 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Most American M.Arch programs offer separate tracks for students without an Architecture undergrad. You'll probably have to take an extra term/year My program at U of Oregon, for example, had a 3 year Masters for anyone, and a 2 year option for students with an arch (or related) bachelor. 

Outside of the US it's probably easier, if anything. AIA/NCARB/NAAB are much more nitpicky about credentials than elsewhere.

Dec 14, 20 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: