Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review for MArch II

Hi!

I am looking to apply for MArch II Programs at Harvard GSD, Columbia GSAPP, Cornell, Sci-Arc and Yale SoA. 

Attached is the link to my portfolio: https://issuu.com/pan5ury/docs...

Looking forward to any feedback/critiques.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Dec 12, 20 11:49 am
Akira

Really not bad, this is a very good portfolio, obviously you are wanting some constructive criticism, only thing I would change is maybe the size of the renders, you obviously put a lot of work into the renders so maybe make them larger so we can see the effort that you have put in. I would also try to cut down on the white space as well and maybe try to incorporate white space into the renders itself like the 2nd or 3rd last page. Not super necessary, but I would maybe give each project you have a title with different fonts to maybe add more of a personal touch, that's just me personally.

Dec 12, 20 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, I will try and incorporate a larger render here and there in the layout. I'm not quite sure what you mean by using white space within the renders? Could you elaborate on that. Thanks by the way! Appreciate it x

Dec 12, 20 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Akira

yea no problem! When I meant white space within the renders I didnt literally mean white space, white space meaning like blank areas, for example like the sky, maybe you could try to insert a drawing in it as well if it doesnt overcrowd the render

Dec 14, 20 4:20 am  · 
 · 
Whoknow

at page 8, can you combine them into 1 page like you did for page 4.

Idk but it seems you need to cut your number of your pages down, 60 pages seems too many. 

Dec 12, 20 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

Hey! Thanks for your response. For all the programs I am applying to each spread is counted as one page, so technically it is only 25 pages.

Dec 12, 20 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Whoknow

I see, I think your portfolio is strong, indeed very strong. I am sure you will get in many programs with this portfolio level. So yea, my concern is just page 8 could be just one page like you executed for page 4. I like page 10 diagrams, look interesting. Page 11 and 12 elevation diagrams can be group together in my opinion. That's all for me.

Dec 12, 20 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks! I think you're right about combining the content on that spread. I'll work towards that x

Dec 12, 20 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
autofireunit

Not bad. I think you are safe for Cornell, Sci Arc, and perhaps GSAPP. The other two are a bit harder to get in as MArch 2

Dec 12, 20 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, I heard about the competition this year. Let's see how it goes!

Jan 2, 21 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
luvu

Hi Pankhuri,

I think it's a clean and beautiful visual representation, congrats on that. However, I find the processes and the thinking behind each move that you've made arent quite strong compared to the visual output if I'm honest.

- Dubai Hub project :  those diagrams (p.8)  how did you come up with the three masses as the starting point / the translucent and opaque facade move.. what's the rationale ? things like that ... you get what I mean.

- Social incubator : Same comment as the above. You used exactly the same strategies and techniques in form finding process with Dubai Hub. It's not a wise move to put these projects together back to back.

- Fight or fight : to me this project is very interesting but also confusing. I'm not sure if I  get it so I wont make any comment.

- 3x3x3 Cabin :  Those construction details need TLC , also you dont wanna show the admission panels that you didnt consider waterproofing detail at all. I wouldnt include them if i were you.

I hope this helps !

Dec 12, 20 11:33 pm  · 
 · 

This was very helpful! Thank you x

Dec 13, 20 5:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: