Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Portfolio Review

Hello all! Reposting this again, because title was misleading last time. I am applying to a few Masters of Architecture programs for the Fall of 2021 including: Columbia, Pratt, Parsons. UT of Austin, and WashU. I come from a non accredited architectural background (very general on all of building sciences but I concentrated on architectural design)  and plan on doing the 3 year track at all of these schools. I would love some feedback on my portfolio as it is right now and thoughts on what could be changed or improved. 

Positive feedback is loved, but constructive feedback is needed! Thank you all in advance! 

Link: https://issuu.com/noahsass/docs/portfolio_double_spread

Dec 10, 20 3:37 pm
PeachyArchitect

I am also applying this application season to graduate school. I like the content of your portfolio. You have some really cool projects! One minor comment though is that the some of the font sizes seem pretty large. The bodies are good but some of the titles are really large and it might help to have a bit more breathing space on the spreads. Good luck! 

Dec 17, 20 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you! I'll make sure to go back through. Best of luck to you!

Dec 21, 20 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

Not sure if you were still looking for advice since some deadlines have already passed but I'm bored so I thought I'd comment!

I think the work is all really good, so I'll just be nit-picky about the composition. I appreciate the consistency in the layout across each project, but there are some areas that don't make a lot of sense. For the most part, images end up in the same place on the page, but there are a couple of pages (the one with the long image below two smaller ones, for example) that deviate from the established layout for what seems like, to me, no real reason. The cover pages for each project also seem to change halfway through the portfolio from being a whole spread to being two pages next to each other. There's nothing really wrong with this, but something you may want to do is look at the "organize pages" page in acrobat and take a look at how all the pages read together, you may realize there are simple changes you can make just for visual fidelity and consistency. The other thing that I noticed is that sometimes the names of photos or drawings are in bold, sometimes they aren't, and sometimes they're in the middle? It's not clear to me what the hierarchy is or if there's a reason for this. I also appreciate you bolding certain words in the project cover pages -- I've learned from talking to faculty that this is super helpful for them especially since they only look at each page for a few seconds.

I'm also applying this cycle, best of luck!

Dec 21, 20 2:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: