Archinect
anchor

M. Arch Portfolio Review

lisa9834

Hello,

I am applying to M.Arch programs for Fall 2021 in the US. I have just finished putting together my portfolio and would love some feedback! I do have an architecture background, a B.A. in Architecture and Community Design.

Open to critique, just looking to improve :)

Thank you!

https://issuu.com/dpmar/docs/p...

Dec 7, 20 10:19 am

Hi Devanshi, 

I love your portfolio, I have done my M.Arch from University of Houston. The program is design centric, and I had an opportunity to participate in an exchange program with TU Graz, Austria. 

It'd be helpful to know which Master Programs are you sending your portfolios to. That being said, I love the graphics, and clean work. It definitely looks good, I haven't had to time to look into design per say. One thing to note, it's always good to know what schools like to see is your unique design process, as long as you feel you have done justice to show that. I'd say go ahead, apply! 

All the best!

Dec 7, 20 11:14 am  · 
 · 
lisa9834

Thank you Parimala! 

I am planning on applying to Columbia, Upenn, Pratt, Northeastern, SCI-Arc, USC and CCA. 

I have a feeling I am not showing the design process well but I am explaining it in the texts. I am not sure if the decision committees are inclined to read the text tho.

Dec 7, 20 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
pv1988

Those are some awesome schools to consider. I see that you are have chosen very design (hypothetical) centric programs. In that case, I would advise to consider developing your graphical language to show your process and keep the text very very minimal (labels & Introduction paragraph only). That's how design reviews are done here to my best knowledge.

Dec 8, 20 9:51 am  · 
 · 
autofireunit

A few point:

reviewers will not read at the text. You have too much text

all photos/renders should be in 2pt perspective only if the view point is looking up.

good luck

Dec 8, 20 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: