Archinect
anchor

Best architecture schools in Europe?

nickwagner

Hey,

Im going to finish my a-levels next spring here in Germany and I am quite sure I want to star studying architecture next year so i need to start applying for universities early next year. But im not quite sure where to apply, thats why any recommendations would be really helpful. It does not matter if the school is in Germany or anywhere else in Europe the course just needs to be taught in English or in German and should not be extremly pricy. I would also appreciate if you could tell me about your personal experience and how to application process worked.

Thanks a lot in advance

Nov 23, 20 1:54 pm
apscoradiales

I have heard good things about Technical University of Munich, as well as TU in Wien (Vienna), and TU in Graz.

I worked with someone who graduated from the Graz school - "slighty" higher level, lol, than my education from University of Toronto.

I also understand that a German citizen doesn't have to pay for tuition in Austrian schools, and possibly even vice-versa. So, if you can get a German citizenship.

Nov 23, 20 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
archibox3

Not sure about TU Wien tbh. I'm a student there myself and usually, studies take longer than the 3-year curriculum, and that's what the majority of the students say. Good thing that I don't pay tuitions but in overall it's a HEAVY load of work and very TIME CONSUMING. It's going to be even more challenging if you dont know german that well.

May 15, 21 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
spickney2000

I would have thought that living in Germany and the famous Bauhaas would be an easy choice.  I think the overall architectural education is Germany is tough, it's always easier when you don't have to worry about tuition fees either.

(Sorry it's not helpful just a comment)

May 16, 21 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: