Archinect
anchor

Indian student in UK

Hello ,
I am Eswar from India. I am writing to you to seek advice on some of the doubts and confusion I have regarding Masters in UK and RIBA registration and working as an architect in the UK.

I am a registered architect here and I have completed my Bachelor of Architecture ( 5 Year Course). I have done an internship for 1 year during my bachelor's and I have a year of work experience post my bachelor's in India. In my Bachelor's degree.

I am interested in Doing my Masters (M.Arch) Riba part 2 in the UK and which universities would you recommend considering my grades and a good portfolio? Also, how are the possibilities of getting a job in the UK and subsequently becoming a registered architect there? And what advice would you give to be successful in this?

I am very concerned because the Fees are very high for international students in the UK and I won't be able to replay my student loans if I have to go back to India after I complete my masters as architects are too much underpaid there.

Sorry for such a long message. Hope I receive a reply from you. Thank you so much for you time.

Oct 26, 20 2:10 am
Wall-E

It doesn't matter where you are from. UK is coming up with 2 year post work visa. It will help you in securing a job, but Europe has lots of architects. You need to define what you want to work on and be very good in it. Then you have chances to secure a job from a citizen. There are lots of choices you have. Go to DRL --> ZAHA opportunity. Bartlett --> Heatherwick. Computation design in Emtech or bartlett. Landscape etc. I would recommend working for few years , figuring out your interests, get to know things, then do masters. else you will keep on swinging. 

Nov 6, 20 12:22 pm  · 
1  · 

Thank you so much for that. I am interested in computation and generative design is there any universities other than Bartlett or Emtech that you would recommend for this choice of mine?

Nov 17, 20 6:25 am  · 
 · 
kulsumhusain

Hi. I am a registered Architect running my own business working as an Interior Designer in New Delhi, India for over 8years. My family and I might be moving to the UK, in which case I wanted to find out what would be my chances of getting a decent job. Also I was contemplating pursuing a Masters in Interior Design. Will that enable me to get better opportunities? The fees for international students is practically double that of the home students, in which case I was thinking of waiting to get a residency in the UK and then apply for Masters. If there is any other way to go about it please do let me know.

Thanks 
Kulsum

Aug 20, 21 2:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: