Archinect
anchor

Basic 2d drafting

Hi all,

I am not an architect or drafter but looking for some advice on some cheap and easy to use software programs for basic drafting. I have used Navisworks before when I was able to get a free student subscription but not permitted to anymore. 

I design and build skateboard ramps out of plywood, so very simple designs with curved lines and small holes, which then get cut out on the CNC machine. All of my designs are complete, I just need software to tweak my custom orders, and produce any new designs I want to do in the future. I don’t suspect there will be anything free out there but if there is an option for low cost easy to use software I’d really like to hear your recommendations! 

Oct 25, 20 8:49 pm
bowling_ball

Sketchup? 

Oct 25, 20 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

hey bowling ball,

I had tried sketch up previously but found it really hard to use. I might give it another go. I have done a bit of reading and some people are using qcad, which is also on my list. Have you used qcad?

Oct 26, 20 12:13 am  · 
 · 
ivanmillya

QCad will probably work. It's like GIMP vs Photoshop. If you're a business, honestly, a basic AutoCAD LT subscription is like $1 a day, so it really shouldn't be that much of a concern for someone who's using it as a major tool for income.

Oct 26, 20 10:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: