Archinect
anchor

M.ARCH program with coding joint degree or inclination?

Martini26

I graduated from University of Michigan's undergraduate B.S. Architecture program and am looking to get a masters. I am searching for a program (either in the states or abroad) that offers something in coding too, either a program or path, since I see the future of architecture is really intertwined in digital technology and computer science would be of great use.

Anyone have any school or program suggestions?

Oct 12, 20 2:47 pm
Jay1122

"I see the future of architecture is really intertwined in digital technology and computer science would be of great use". That makes me laugh, apparently you have no idea what architects do in real practice. Anyway, regarding your question, architecture education is an art degree, even if you find a niche program teaching computational design, it will mostly be 3d software with grasshopper and dynamo or that nature. You will not learn computer science and coding in an architecture degree. If you find one, show me. I mean In depth coding, a single course means nothing. Even I had a python coding class in my Barch study, god knows why.

However, having a computer science degree/capability is great though. Why? Because you will realize architecture sucks and you can make a lot more money doing programming. If I were you, I would do Barch and Master in computer science. You have all you need from arch school during that Barch education. Master in CS is just in case architecture field does not pan out. Jump to IT field.

Oct 12, 20 5:07 pm  · 
2  ·  1
lower.case.yao

Python’s great, it helps writing your own code on grasshopper with geometry or rationalization.

Oct 13, 20 2:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: