Archinect
anchor

Master of Architecture - Canada

anshulbansal

I am an Architect and have done my Bachelor's from India. I am planning to apply for master degree in Canada. I interested in applying   two universities :  Manitoba & Ryerson. The thing which is confusing me is the fees structure. In Manitoba 6000 Canadian Dollar is the tuition fees (for an year) where as in Ryerson it is 26,000 Canadian Dollar (for an year). Can any one help why there is so much difference in fees. Is there any specific reason for this as both the universities provide degree course of two full year. 

Sep 7, 20 12:39 pm
muji-pen

Canada subsidizes domestic tuition, so if its 26k for one year its at an international rate. If you dont have a citizenship then the manitoban tuition is the oddity. 

Sep 7, 20 12:51 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

26k per year for RYU? That’s a terrible  price For a M.Arch. Why bother paying huge amounts of cash for a foreign degree when you don’t need one to work/practice at home?

Sep 7, 20 1:36 pm  · 
1  · 
newbie.Phronesis

For the snow ;) 

Joke aside, for study permit and then residency application maybe?

Sep 7, 20 5:05 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I get why international tuition is expensive, I just understand why someone would pay that much for RYU? Is it really worth traveling abroad for that?

Sep 7, 20 5:32 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

btw, $19,700 is the aprox international tuition cost of UofM. Says it right on their website: http://umanitoba.ca/admissions...

Sep 7, 20 5:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: