Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Advice

Whoknow

Hi guys, I am a bit stuck on my portfolio layout and representation , and in a process of completing one. Please help me out with some ideas. Appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/14qlHGgGwqMU7gnFoacqztRo7fvYcCnqe

Aug 7, 20 5:33 pm
Wall-E

I guess its going on well. Your representation skills and layouts are simple and very good. Just make sure to annotate each drawing properly. 
What program did you use to create your renders?

Aug 8, 20 9:45 am  · 
1  · 
Whoknow

My work flow is vray and illu or photoshop

Aug 8, 20 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Whoknow

Sorry, do you mind point out which page success and which not, so I kinda know where to avoid of doing

Aug 8, 20 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Wall-E

I didn't get your question. I saw few drawings with no annotation. Put scale and legend. Just put basic stuff. I think the composition works. Renders and drawings are subtle.

Aug 8, 20 10:53 pm  · 
1  · 
Whoknow

gotcha, thanks! I will make sure including those annotations

Aug 8, 20 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Akira

your projects look interesting and the graphics are nice, only thing I would say is maybe you could utilize the white space a bit better , in my opinion you could have a much better portfolio with less pages without sacrificing anything, remember less is more. Also you could maybe add more "WOW" renders which could shed your project in a better light. Your portfolio should be like a book, you really want to start off the portfolio with a hook to really rope the viewer in, and to maintain that interest throughout the portfolio all the way to the end. Also do not use google drive to showcase your portfolio, use a website like Issuu. 

Aug 9, 20 2:36 pm  · 
1  · 
Whoknow

Thank you Akira, I agree, it should be a combined book when I finish them individually. thank again

Aug 9, 20 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Hey, lets connect over email. [email protected]

Aug 10, 20 5:14 am  · 
 · 
Whoknow

to both of me and Akira? or just him :D haha

Aug 10, 20 11:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

less is a bore

Aug 10, 20 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Which program and universities are you applying to?

Aug 10, 20 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Whoknow

a few schools in America, I like Rice Syracuse, GSAPP or Yale but they are quite competitive idk :( very nervous now

Aug 10, 20 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Whoknow

@Non Sequitur sometimes less is bore sometimes less is more, yea just find a common balance btw both I guess. haha

Aug 10, 20 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: