Archinect
anchor

AA and IAAC

jb

Hey!

I'm currently working on my MARCH I grad applications and have been looking into school abroad. The AA and IAAC are both schools that seem like a good fit for me and what I want out of my MArch, but I'm unsure if I'll be eligible to apply. I graduated without a BArch, and while looking on their sites I didn't see much information about whether or not they accept non BArch(or the UK/European equivalent) majors. If anyone has any experience applying to these schools and knows please let me know!

Aug 7, 20 2:54 pm
TED

The AA and UK Unis require a prior degree in architecture BS/BA for professional validated courses leading to AA Diploma RIBA Part II.   The AA requires you need a RIBA Part I prior to accepting you onto the programme or will place you into year 3 of the Part 1 (so you take 2 years not 2). 

UK architecture programs does not accept anyone into Part II professional programs without a prior degree in architecture.   

You can get entry into post professional programs.  For the AA if you do not have a prior architecture degree you will enter into the 12 month MA/MSc programs. You need a 5-year professional architecture degree you can enter one of the 18-month MArch programs such as DRL 

From AA Website for Postgraduate taught programs (non-RIBA II): 

MA/MFA courses require a 2:2 degree or above in architecture or a related discipline from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard (from a course at a university or educational institution no less than three years in length).

MSc courses require a professional degree or diploma in architecture (BArch or Diploma equivalent), engineering or another relevant discipline.

MArch courses require a five-year professional degree or diploma in architecture. The MArch in Emergent Technologies (EmTech) requires a five-year professional architectural degree or diploma in architecture, engineering, industrial or product design, or another relevant discipline (BArch or Diploma equivalent).

Aug 8, 20 3:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: