Archinect
anchor

[HELP] Portfolio for Master Application

Gretelletta

I need some help please :(

Can anyone please judge / critic my portfolio? Looking to apply to some Master of Architecture programme... *Pardon me, I haven't came up with a Cover yet* Thank you!

Link: https://issuu.com/anaisziwei/docs/masterapplicationportfolio

Aug 5, 20 1:18 pm
stardancer

Hi!

First of all, your portfolio is super impressive! The 3D renderings are absolutely stunning and I love the touch of the flower petals[?] falling on them kinda like a filter.

Suggestions:

1) Your portfolio is fairly long so I would cut out some material or remove some detail drawings in areas like the Civic Space because that's your longest section. I'm currently applying to grad schools as well and am seeing that some have a restriction of keeping portfolios to 20 pages or less so I'm afraid, while your work is impressive, the people reading it may get bored of seeing some of the repetitive designs.

2) I would enjoy to see some more color throughout your portfolio whether that’s a solid color banner in the background or some colorful text just something to compliment your designs. For some, obviously let your design speak for itself like pages 24-25, but other areas where you just see grey spaces could use some more aesthetic appeal like pages 30-31.

Good luck to you! I’m confident your application will do great!

Aug 5, 20 2:37 pm  · 
1  · 
Gretelletta

thank you so much for ur kind words! i’m actually looking to apply into Bartlett. Hope it is even remotely good enough :( So much anxiety!!

Aug 5, 20 10:15 pm  · 
1  · 
Gretelletta

thank you so much for ur kind words! i’m actually looking to apply into Bartlett. Hope it is even remotely good enough :( So much anxiety!!

Aug 6, 20 1:29 am  · 
1  · 
TED

Where did you do your undergrad?

Aug 6, 20 2:57 am  · 
 · 
Gretelletta

Kent. Is my work really not up to Bartlett's requirement? :( Or is my uni not up to the expectation? Quite worried to be honest...

Aug 6, 20 8:28 am  · 
2  · 
TED

Think it looks great - did you get a 1st?(if not something is wrong!) Kent is a good school!

Aug 6, 20 8:30 am  · 
1  · 
Gretelletta

1:1. But based on ur experience in the archi field, do u think I would stand a chance to compete for the coveted MArch Part 2 Slot in Bartlett? Honestly. I assume u are from UK too? :)

Aug 6, 20 8:52 am  · 
2  · 
TED

I am from the UK. You're applying for Sept 2021 as 2020 deadline was Feb. Are you a home/EU student or international? Did you do a year out? If so where, do you want to put any of that work in? Think your work is very good and should get a serious look at the Bartlett - Before you write your statement, look at the work of the studios and choose a few of the units that share your values - good to make reference to the work and also tweak your portfolio if need be.

Aug 6, 20 12:45 pm  · 
1  · 
strawberryfield

So much positivie feedback! Could you fix the link?^^

Aug 7, 20 4:40 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: