Archinect
anchor

Best Universities (CANADA, UK, US, Germany, Netherlands)

Wall-E

Hi

What are some of the best universities in technology in the following countries that offer good material research, fabrication (and/or) facade design programme for M.Sc?

Canada - I guess Ryerson? What about Waterloo?

Germany - ICD, SAC, MID (detmold) ?

UK - Emtech

US- Harvard Mdes tech & georgia tech & USC, Michigan?

Netherlands-?

Jul 27, 20 12:51 am
randomised

? in the Netherlands is a great university for what you are looking for, but also ? is great. Can’t go wrong with either ? or ?.

Jul 27, 20 4:27 am  · 
 · 
robhaw

Randomised, I am student at ? but want to take some electives at ? for quarters 3&4. Weet jij als ik kan dit ook doen?

Jul 27, 20 5:21 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Guess so, think they collaborate through the 4? Federation...

Jul 27, 20 6:54 am  · 
1  · 
Wall-E

@randomised: son of a ?

Jul 27, 20 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Tu Delft has a tech programme, but not sure about it. It takes a lot of students (around 60) Not sure about any other institute

Jul 27, 20 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

The Delft B Tech programme is really good in my opinion, but fyi it doesn't lead to licensure in the NL. Also, 60 students is not large for Delft standards. Are you applying for Feb2021 entry?

Jul 27, 20 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Delft and Eindhoven are both excellent Technical Universities, with a great focus on Building Technology, if that’s what you’re after...Delft is a bit braver conceptually in general, a lot bigger with more variety/choices, less provincial and more internationally oriented in my experience/opinion.

Jul 27, 20 4:57 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

in Canada, it’s Waterloo, then McGill, then the rest, then UofT. 

Jul 27, 20 6:08 am  · 
1  · 
Wall-E

Thanks @non sequitur
. I havent heard much about the computation & fabrication at Waterloo & Mcgill. Any insights?

Jul 27, 20 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Wall-E, what's you're looking for is pretty specific and outside of the regular accreditation curriculum. You would be best off looking at each school's graduate faculty's research areas and cross your fingers that prof has time/space for your thesis interests.

Jul 27, 20 2:21 pm  · 
1  · 
ham1

Love seeing @Non Sequitur STILL letting people know the hierarchy of Canadian architecture programs. Goated

Jul 27, 20 4:16 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

^ hey, not my fault people can't do basic research.

Jul 27, 20 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
lower.case.yao

There’s a small but growing tech institute based out of Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Jul 27, 20 7:09 am  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Never heard of it - is it anything like our big tech institute here in Pasadena, CA?

Jul 27, 20 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Here is the link to comparison for Canadian schools - http://www.acsa-arch.org/resou...

Jul 28, 20 7:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Neat resource. If you're looking for digital fabrication, you might be better off looking at what other programs each university has (aerospace, industrial design, etc) since these are often shared labs and available to grad students.

Jul 28, 20 8:07 am  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Yeah. Ryerson has a lot of courses related to this subject, it seems. Also @non sequitur, how much does GPA matter in the selection process? GPA is not a big deal in european institutes, but it looks like it is in Canada and US. Are they little easy on min requirement or is it very strict?

Jul 28, 20 8:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

There is a min GPA required to apply, which is reasonably low... and then it matters not unless they need something as a tie-breaker when more than one "okay" applicants are fighting for the last remaining spots. The portfolio and recommendation letters hold have the biggest impact.

Jul 28, 20 8:45 am  · 
2  · 
Haha Hadude

MSD at Penn

Jul 28, 20 12:30 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: