Archinect
anchor

MR Real Estate Development

archikate

Hi. I'm an architect looking for switching to the real estate development
and planning to apply for MS RED this year and doing my research for opening courses.

I've frequently heard about NYU, Columbia programs but I also found out that Pratt also has similar program. My question is that is Pratt's program well known or worth it since I might apply as a safety.

Thanks for your answers. 

May 30, 20 10:52 am
mdhuang94

Pratt is an art school with the resources of a top art school. I wouldn't apply to Pratt as NYU is very forgiving when it comes to admissions. 

Where did you end up getting in and accepting?

Jul 23, 20 8:56 am  · 
 · 
archi_dude

Is the answer actually more school and more debt? 

Jul 23, 20 9:08 am  · 
 · 
mdhuang94

Well if archikate is trying to break into the RE industry without previous RE experience, I think school is a great way to change careers. RE employers usually don't consider architects for analyst/finance roles even if they've taken a course or two. Just be strategic on what school you go into debt for. Consider the alumni, brand, research, and experience you would be paying for. You'll be able to pay of the debt much faster with a RE degree than an Arch degree imo. At the same time, be ready to hustle to make the most of your time in school.

Jul 23, 20 9:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: