Archinect
anchor

Lowish UGPA, can I get into UCLA?

emmuhhhh99

Hey guys, I, unfortunately, failed one class (Spanish, just didn't do the work, don't have an excuse), but the rest of my grades are B+ and As, so my GPA is going to end up to be about 3.4 or 3.5 after I pull it back up. My major GPA is even higher. I majored in Historic Preservation and I want to get into either USC or UCLA M.Arch programs. Do you think I have a chance? Do you have any advice? If not, anybody have any opinions on other California schools that I do have a chance of getting into, like Woodbury? Thanks in advance!!!

May 12, 20 7:42 pm
Haha Hadude

Forget your initial question, what does your portfolio look like?

May 13, 20 2:55 am  · 
 · 
emmuhhhh99

It definitely needs some work. If i can pull together a really good one, you think GPA doesn't matter?

May 13, 20 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Haha Hadude

Not that it doesn’t matter, but a 3.0 or better at most schools will be fine. It’s all relative though. People will get into top programs with a poor gpa, but their portfolio is top 5%.
For example: if your gpa is 3.2, that’s not going to hold you back in most programs, but your portfolio absolutely will. Portfolio is the most important aspect of your application.

May 13, 20 11:01 am  · 
 · 

Thanks for the post!

Honestly, I think you're fine. It's going to likely come down to the strength of your portfolio. Your best bet is to reach out to the schools you are interested in and talk with them about your situation and receive their guidance. After all, they are the ones who will be deciding on your admission. It'll be better feedback than you'll get here on the forum.

May 13, 20 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: