Archinect
anchor

Need Help Deciding Where to Apply for M Arch 1

PeachyArchitect

I just graduated from the University of Toronto with an Honors Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies. I completed my degree with a 3.5 cumulative GPA. I have begun studying for my GREs and developing my portfolio. I plan on applying for the Fall 2021 session. I have currently decided on applying to the following programs: 

1. UofT (I am Canadian so I would be paying domestic fees, which are relatively inexpensive compared to the USA or the UK. My friends and family either live in Toronto or in the surrounding region. While I enjoyed my education, I think it would be valuable to learn and gain experience at a different institution)

2. Rice (Although most of my family lives in Canada, my parents actually live in Houston so I would be able to live at home with them for the duration of my education. I love how diverse their curriculum is and I love the idea of being in a small class as UofT was a relatively large undergrad program. Huge bonus that the program offers a semester in Paris) 

3. UCL (I have always dreamed about studying in Europe and the UK is a practical choice because I have a better chance of bringing the degree back to Canada or the USA. I have always admired the work that comes out of the school and I think that London would be a really interesting city to use as an urban laboratory) 

That is about all I have so far. I would like to apply to maybe one Ivy League school, and maybe one non-Ivy League school. In terms of what I am looking for in a program, I would love to be in a balanced program. I enjoy design work, but I have also really enjoyed partaking in technology based studios. I am pretty experimental, and I really enjoy the research components of projects. 

I'd love any advice that you can provide!

May 11, 20 12:49 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: