Archinect
anchor

Study in Europe? MArch program

nicolasapiwan

Hello,

I am an undergraduate architecture student from Argentina. Currently at the final year in the University of Buenos Aires. My Architecture course lasts 5 years for a BA diploma. 

I would like to study in the UK in a MArch (mainly in London)  and I am not sure weather with this diploma will make it possible for me to apply for a RIBA I or a RIBA II program. I understand the need of further studies in order to get my diploma recognised in Europe. 

I am grateful for any information.

May 5, 20 10:06 pm
TED

Hi nicolasapiwan,

You should be able to apply to a Part II programme but it is dependent upon the RIBA Validated programs offered at the institution.  At the AA, the programme is a 5 year programme so you either enter year 3 -5 without a Part I or enter year 4-5 with a Part I.  I believe other London programs have separate Part I-II programs so you should be able to enter Part II directly.  

That being said, you will still be required to 'sit' for a Part I examination with ARB if you enter Part II directly.  Most wait to apply until they complete their Part II then use their Part II portfolio to apply for Part I. 

May 6, 20 5:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: