Archinect
anchor

Student Internships during quarantine

John_Krupinski

Hey everyone, hope you're all keeping some sort of peace during these times, kind of curious about the state of the field right now as I'm a second year undergrad who was originally hoping to land some sort of summer internship once this semester concluded. I applied to a couple in late February but once things became chaotic in March my focus shifted a bit, is it a bust to keep applying or is there still a shot?

May 1, 20 12:03 am
alikatircioglu

John, I am on the same boat. I recently completed my undergraduate and going to masters next year. I received a cancellation e-mail from a couple of firms last week, and I believe yet to come. 

May 1, 20 12:15 am  · 
 · 
John_Krupinski

ah man I'm sorry to hear that, I definitely know how that feels though I got a rejection email from Gensler over the weekend lol

May 1, 20 12:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

thought nugget here, but how many offices will "offer" even more unpaid internships?

May 1, 20 7:28 am  · 
 · 
John_Krupinski

that seems like it'd be the quick way for them to get more labor, looking at other threads it seems like payment issues have been exacerbated. Was hoping I could land a paid one but that was probably setting my goals a bit too high, I'd honestly take anything now lol

May 1, 20 7:56 am  · 
Non Sequitur

No, never take an unpaid gig. Even in this current zombie apocalypse time.

May 1, 20 7:57 am  · 
1  · 
Dokuser

Luckily the firm I’m interning for has told me that they still want me to come in. But with the current trend of the virus, I’m not too sure that will happen. I just remind myself that we still have many more years ahead of us to intern and gain experience. After all, it could be worse. We’re just students. There’s people going through much, much worse in the midst of the coronavirus crisis. 

May 5, 20 4:03 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: