Archinect
anchor

Want your portfolio reviewed?

Archinect

Archinect will be launching a portfolio review service soon. As we prepare for the launch, we're offering a few completely free portfolio reviews for architects looking for work, and prospective architecture students preparing for school applications. If you're interested please send us an email, to [email protected], including a brief description of who you are, and what your goals are. Large files should be sent via a link to Dropbox, Google Drive, or through a service such as Wetransfer. 

Post any questions you may have here, in the comments. We look forward to receiving your portfolios and hope to work with you soon. 

Apr 29, 20 7:16 pm
Eeva

Hi Archinet, sounds like a great initative! Will these reviews be posted publicly?

Apr 29, 20 11:11 pm  · 
1  · 
Archinect

We are prioritizing portfolio reviews at the moment for those who agree to share the reviews publicly. The privacy of the portfolio is completely determined by the designer of the portfolio.

Apr 30, 20 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

Nice idea. Who will be carrying out the reviews and are the details of portfolio owners confidential? 

Apr 30, 20 5:24 am  · 
1  · 
Archinect

We are putting together a dedicated team of portfolio reviewers. The confidentiality of the portfolios are totally at the discretion of the portfolio creators. The reviews are intended to be confidential between the portfolio creator and the reviewer, but in these early stages, we're hoping to share some of these reviews publicly, for those who agree to share their details.

Apr 30, 20 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

This is such a good idea. It’s the only reason I started using archinect. 

Apr 30, 20 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

This is a great idea.  

Will there be any common criteria for reviewers to use when commenting, to get past various personal preferences?  (Some subjectivity is unavoidable, of course.  But some common standards would be helpful, I'd wager.)

Apr 30, 20 3:05 pm  · 
1  · 
Archinect

Yes, absolutely, portfolios will be reviewed using a variety of criteria without personal bias.

Apr 30, 20 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I peer-reviewed a journal article and the editors supplied an excellent questionnaire to guide and standardize the critique. At the end, of course, was an open-ended field allowing for other, non-standard comments and observations. It was helpful.

May 27, 20 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Nice idea Archinect, maybe TC can stay on the first page like this!

Would you use outside portfolio reviewers, like perhaps living in Amsterdam that have studied in Delft ;-) 

And how much would it pay per reviewed portfolio?

Apr 30, 20 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

"maybe TC can stay on the first page like this" - not quite sure what you mean.

We're in the process of building our team of reviewers and defining our pricing model. 

Apr 30, 20 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I meant like less “please review my portfolio” threads, so keeping Thread Central nicely on the first page of the forum, where it belongs ;-)

and about building your team of reviewers, I might send you an email!

May 1, 20 3:27 pm  · 
1  · 
hbedross

Are you still taking in portfolios for review? Thank you!

May 14, 20 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

We are!

May 14, 20 3:44 pm  · 
4  · 
philip840604

Hi there, 

Will it be too late for be to submit it at this point ? 

Thanks, 

May 27, 20 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

We just sent you a DM

May 27, 20 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

wow! This is great!

May 27, 20 9:22 pm  · 
1  · 
hbedross

Do you know roughly when you will get back to us with feedback? Thanks :)

May 28, 20 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Saw this really late, can I still submit?

Jul 17, 20 11:27 pm  · 
2  · 
Roberto!

I have the same question, it's too late?

Aug 27, 20 11:31 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Are you still taking applications for reviewers? And if so, how do we apply?  What are the qualifications?

Aug 27, 20 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
STSH

Are they still open to reviewing portfolios? 

Nov 20, 20 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Sitting Duck

*following

Nov 21, 20 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
zozoy

Would like to know if archinect still review portfolio?

Jan 9, 21 4:35 am  · 
1  · 
BulgarBlogger

what are the qualifications of the reviewers? How does one become a reviewer?

Jan 9, 21 5:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: