Archinect
anchor

B. Arch in india and M. Arch abroad?

sarry

Hey everyone !! 

I am a guy who just finished schooling and is looking after in the tonns of courses that which one should suit me !! 

So i decided to give NATA and go for the B. Arch in india so that i can secure my base in bachelors but what i am thinking is that after B. Arch in india i'd apply for Masters in london, UK. 

I wanna know that is my young mind really going on the straight path or not ? like i wanna know the pros and cons  of the whole process. 

Thank you! Architectures

Apr 23, 20 12:31 pm
Non Sequitur

Sure, why not?

Apr 23, 20 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
sarry

what would be best for me sir, doing masters here in india or uk (somewhere abroad) which option should best fit for a good and secured job.

Apr 23, 20 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Jobs are secured by skills and aptitude with a healthy dose of luck. The name on the degree you buy (via international tuition) has very little meaning. How about you try doing a little of research on your own instead of relying on strangers online to do your adult decisions?

Apr 23, 20 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

It depends on where you want to end up in your career. Obviously, if you want to work in the US or UK, a master's degree from india may not be very valuable. But if you want to work in India you could get a masters from pretty much anywhere outside the country and it could do good for your career.

Apr 23, 20 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
sarry

@non sequitur don't you think i need guidance ? when you are born you learn everything step by step, you are just not born fully skilled right? and that's the same case for me i am a newbie i need right people to work on me so that they could make the best out of me ! so the answer is if youre more experienced than me then why not just rely on a more skilled stranger than myself huh?

Apr 29, 20 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Because asking for the answer is not the same as making your own decisions. Your question is so unbelievably generic that it's impossible to offer any advice.

Apr 29, 20 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
sarry

@non sequitur good lord! i am just asking for your say! that what do you think about it !! i am not gonna decide what everyone's gonna say i'll study each and every scenario and then decide for me if you cannot help me out then, thank you for your negligible advice.

Apr 29, 20 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

cheers.

Apr 29, 20 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
soham86

Dont Study Architecture from India. Study it from any other foreign country (abroad) where you'll be looking forward to move on..

Apr 23, 20 4:17 pm  · 
1  · 
Zulqar

what's wrong with a degree from India? after all most graduates do nothing more than Autocad type of stuff for many years. real design work is reserved for a few talkative talents or the small firm owners.

Apr 23, 20 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
newbie.Phronesis

India kinda has a bad reputation now for academic honesty and quality of education: far too many students with very few teachers. There was an article on here a while back...

Apr 23, 20 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
sukanyabalaji

Indian B.Arch gets you professional license from Council of Architecture (India) which is not valid to practice in any other country. Likewise, every country has their own license which you need if you want to work there. Also, masters from India is good to get teaching jobs here but not valid abroad. 

Oct 21, 20 5:13 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: