Archinect
anchor

Harvard GSD MArch II Application Advice

KingGizzard

Hi there ! 

I am interested in applying to the MArch II program at Harvard GSD, and would really appreciate to connect with anyone who had applied or gotten accepted to get some clarifications/insight into the application process. Thank you so much for your help !

Apr 18, 20 2:48 pm
placebeyondthesplines
  • exceptional portfolio
  • excellent grades
  • coherent and compelling statement of purpose
  • impressive letters of recommendation 
Apr 20, 20 11:46 am  · 
 · 
autofireunit

haha

Apr 21, 20 4:05 am  · 
 · 
brunoaraujo
  1. Gather Your Transcripts
  2. Collect Three Letters of Recommendation
  3. Have your GRE Scores Sent to the GSD
  4. Have your TOEFL Scores Sent to the GSD
    International Students Only
  5. Edit your Resume
  6. Write Your Essay
    The requirements of your essay depend on the program you're applying to.
  7. Prepare Your Portfolio
  8. Pay the Application Fee
  9. Apply for Financial Aid
Apr 21, 20 7:33 am  · 
 · 
KingGizzard

Thanks for this, but it's already clear on the website what the deliverables are. What i'm looking is to connect with someone, and not know what the requirements are, as mentioned clearly in my question :)

Apr 21, 20 8:12 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

have you tried grindr?

Apr 21, 20 8:14 am  · 
 · 
KingGizzard

It's quite clear to me at this point that certain people on this forum are just plain trolls and have nothing better to do, and it's frustratingly a shame that people  who genuinely seek help and ask for advice are left being laughed at and ignored no matter how polite they're being. If you have nothing else better to do or say, just leave and let people be. 

Apr 21, 20 8:23 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Don't confuse merited snark with boring trolling. This is not yahoo answers and your initial question is so vague it implies you've done less than the bare minimum of research prior to asking the Internets. This is a very common occurrence in the forum from one-post-ponies.

Apr 21, 20 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

what exactly do you want to know. " clarifications/insight" is spectacularly vague. people at the gsd are used to potential admits who want to goose the application process but can't ask the question outright. .

Apr 21, 20 10:15 am  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

i will answer your questions but i need to know what those questions are. otherwise, places has the best advice: be good, don't be bad

Apr 21, 20 10:16 am  · 
 · 
KingGizzard

and you're clearly so naive to make such assumptions and think that I've done less than the bare minimum. Again, if you have nothing better to say, just leave. Politely, thank you. 

Apr 21, 20 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So far, evidence is in my favour plus you've naively assumed folks here exist to help out the lazy. Hard to get anything here without either providing a sampling of your folio or offering more context. GSD is on everyone's and their neighbour's application list so there is already plenty of similar discussions in the forums.

Apr 21, 20 8:59 am  · 
 · 
monosierra

The M.Arch IIs I've encountered almost all have at least a couple of years of work experience (Usually at a starchitect firm or one run by their undergrad professors), exceptional work processes (No dilly-dallying with design iterations like the M.Arch Is - they are speedy in concept and execution), and of course, strong portfolios. There are definitely more Europeans in M.Arch II than I. I don't know whether or not building a diverse class profile is a component in admissions but it seems M.Arch II gives more consideration to strength of design than diversity of background based on what I've seen.

Apr 21, 20 8:57 am  · 
 · 
Nonononotme

i think its better to contact (using the contact button next to the username of each post) those who got accepted in the MArch Fall 2020 or even 2019 forum. Just give it a shot, worst case scenario you'll be ignored insteead of troll'd

Apr 21, 20 9:22 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

"to get some clarifications/insight into the application process"

what specifically are you looking to learn about the application process that isn't clear? it's pretty straightforward.

Apr 21, 20 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
autofireunit

This is not LinkedIn, why would someone actively want to connect with you and answer your questions? It is a forum. If you have questions, post it here. Whoever sees it and feel that they want to have some input for you will comment their thoughts below.

I suggest you list out the specific questions and just let those who are interested help you through the discussion. 

Apr 22, 20 1:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: