Archinect
anchor

Studies in Canada -> working in Australia?

StephC

Hello all, 

I just have a question regarding working in another country after finishing my degree. I will be undertaking my Master of Architecture in the fall (from Carleton University in Canada) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience completing their degree in one country and moving to another for work. 

My hope is to move to Australia after I complete my studies. I had considered moving there to complete my Masters but the fees were simply too high (130k vs. 25k). 

Upon reviewing the accreditation process on the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia website some areas are still a little fuzzy to me. 

Does anyone have any experience with such a move? I'd be very appreciative of any insight! 

Apr 16, 20 10:38 am
Non Sequitur

Can't speak specifically about moving to Australia, but in case you're not aware, there is an existing agreement between commonwealth nations for education reciprocity.  I suspect Australia has method for reviewing foreign-educated professional since they are part of the commonwealth.  See link below:

http://canberraaccord.org/?page_id=82

Apr 16, 20 11:06 am  · 
 · 
StephC

thank you, that’s actually quite helpful! From what I’ve seen there a lot to navigate so gonna start my planning early!

Apr 16, 20 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: