Archinect
anchor

Postgraduate Programs (MA/MSc/MRes) in UCL

amd13

Hi everyone.

I am a Sheffield BA architecture graduate, and since then has about 3 years of professional experience in the field. (In Asia, where Bachelor degree is still an acceptable degree to work your way up the career path to be an architect). The more I work, the more I think I am inclined to the research aspect on architecture, relating to urban or history, which can be applied to design practices. However, I haven't got that much experience, apart from voluntary work in NGO. Therefore I am thinking of taking a Postgraduate study.

I am wondering if anyone here has any opinions or insights regarding the 1-year programmes offered in UCL. In particular I am interested in the Architecture and Historic Urban Environments MA.

- How in depth will the study be, considering with one year length, there is probably only about 6-9 months of effective study period?

- What is your opinion about the research environment un UCL regarding the depth / how related it is to actual urban conditions? 

- How is it compared to AA? (16-months MA/MArch programmes)

- Few years back, I overheard someone talking about schools sometimes create programs which attracts international students just as a way to get more income -do you think this is true?

And also any other schools recommendation? I am not limiting my options to research only, I actually still want it to be applicable to design practices afterwards.

Thanks before!

Apr 15, 20 12:37 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: