Archinect
anchor

Carnegie Mellon University vs. Georgia Institute of Tecghnology

Tororuto

I have a B.Arch degree in Architecture (Mumbai University) and have been accepted for Masters program at both Carnegie Mellon (M.S.AECM - Master of Science in Architecture-Engineering-Construction Management) and Georgia Tech (Master of Science in Building Construction and Facility Management).

The coursework at both the institute is appealing. They both offer subjects related to Real Estate Management and Finance which I am interested to study. 

Since I have received some financial aid from Carnegie Mellon the cost of attending both of them is now similar.

Any idea as to which course would be better?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I have also been accepted to Purdue, NYU, University of Washington all for Construction Management. If according to you, these program are better than ones at CMU and GaTech I would like to hear your opinion.

- Rx

Mar 25, 20 2:50 pm
leonizer

I like Carnegie's Mellons or just regular mellons. But Carnegie's sounds premium. 

Mar 25, 20 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

^

Mar 27, 20 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
BenneyHarvey

Oh hey, my time to shine. 

GT being an engineering institute, you'll always find someone intelligent to socialize with. All faculty are researchers or working professionals, so informal learning is always encouraged. Plenty of research opportunities.

GT BS Arch, graduating in 2 months

Mar 30, 20 9:12 pm  · 
victoriay.han

I had the same question for undergrad lol

May 15, 20 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdhuang94

My vote is CMU. They virtually have unlimited resources as a private institution. They are a highly regarded technical school so you'll be getting a similar kind of emphasis and pedagogy you'd get at GTech.

Jul 30, 20 10:11 am  · 
 · 
The_Crow

Which program has faculty that you find yourself most excited to interact with? Which program has student work that you most respect? Would you prefer to practice in the Northeast or Southeast when you graduate? 

These are the important questions you should ask yourself before deciding. 

Jul 30, 20 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: