Archinect
anchor

Intl. Student Career Options U.S

So it's been a week since i got admission offer from RISD (16KUSD Scholarship) and PARSONS for M.arch (50% Provost Scholarship with advance standing ) both institutions. I know both these institutions are debatable when deciding upon a grad school. I am having real difficult time deciding which school to decide. According to my research, both these schools are amazing and inclined towards creative/artistic work and suits my type of work. I still have some concerns i would like to discuss.

1. anybody share some insights on career department for both schools.

2. what are the current situation of RISD and PARSONS INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS in job market scenario.

3. I favor RISD more because the program is much older than PARSONS.

4. and last what is it like to live in rhode island. i feel like RISD would be better option in terms of academic growth but i think i would get less exposure compared to PARSON which will be in New York.

AS AN INTL STUDENT,  I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR AND LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCES.

Mar 20, 20 1:36 am
chuckluck

I can't really comment too much but RISD is definitely the better choice here (generally speaking), it's arguably the best art school in the world and that alone says something

Mar 20, 20 2:08 am  · 
 · 
haisumbasharat

of course, RISD seems to be a better option but considering it's geographical location i.e Rhode island compared to New York, seems a bit like small. My perception of favoring Parson would have to be it's location but M.Arch at Parsons seem like a young program. It would be really helpful if someone can shed some light on M.arch at Parsons also career options as well considering i am an international applicant. P.S i can't seem to find Parsons and RISD graduates here at archinect. if anybody sees this i would really like to learn from your experiences.

Mar 20, 20 4:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: