Archinect
anchor

M.Arch - Pratt 3 Year Program V/s Syracuse 2 Year Program

abvarchitect

This is pertaining to admissions for the M.arch program for fall 2020. I am an international applicant who has received admits from Pratt institute - 3 year program (no Advance Standing) ( no scholarship$) and Syracuse University - 2 year program (with advance standing) (scholarship awaiting). Can anyone help me out as to which one to lean for? Kindly take into consideration the tuition fee, job prospects, faculty, student work and curriculum!

Mar 18, 20 12:47 pm
Non Sequitur

Should you not have done this research before applying?

Mar 18, 20 12:49 pm  · 
abvarchitect

i did my research regarding the colleges which is why i applied in the first place! Although wasn’t prepared for such a close situation. Do you have any inputs as to which one to choose?

Mar 18, 20 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

did you attend the open houses in the Fall?

Mar 18, 20 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
abvarchitect

International Applicant so couldn’t.

Mar 19, 20 12:54 am  · 
 · 
archi_gram

Pratt            $53,536

Syracuse     $29,160

Looks like Syracuse is half the cost?

Mar 19, 20 10:29 am  · 
 · 
abvarchitect

Yea exactly!! The tuition fee itself varies a lot, let aside the living expenses. And since Syracuse is providing me with Advance standing which Pratt isn't, enrolling in Syracuse would be much cheaper tho. Although wanted to know is a M.arch degree from Pratt worth the extra bucks which I will be saving by Syracuse? Worth w.r.t. to job prospects, networks, education quality etc.

Mar 19, 20 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: