Archinect
anchor

UCLA's Suprastudio (Technology Studio) vs UPenn's Newest MSD-Robotics & Autonomous Systems

daniehsu83

Dear Archinect, 

I am wavering between choosing UCLA's Suprastudio (Technology - Ozel & Ennemoser Studio) and UPenn's newest MSD-RAS (Master of Science in Design: Robotics and Autonomous Systems), where I am going to be joining in the very first class of this program, for my Masters degree. (Yes, l have to admit that I am very thankful and blessed to be accepted by both extremely exciting programs.)  

As I have heard from some alumni of Ozel Studio, I could touch base on various stuff ranging from VR/AR to Robotic arms; on the other hand, this new program launched by UPenn is solely focused on scripting and robotic arms researches. For the former, I am super excited to learn that I may have a chance to learn and explore a lot of different programs, but may end up not being specialized in any one of them; for the latter, I could be focus with my whole concentration on robotic programming, but may be missing a lot of other technologies that may become revolutionary in the industry of architecture. Hence, I generally narrow down to this question: VR/AR vs Robotics, who has a better potential to win the future in the industry of architecture? 

Lastly, I am leaning toward to working professionally after graduate school FOR NOW, but if I am lucky enough to discover a research topic during my time in graduate school, ideally still related to architecture or at least originated from architectural design perspectives, that I am interested in, I would certainly be willing to go for a PhD program. Any advice or opinions to help me make my final decision would be highly appreciated, thank you very much in advance!   :D

Warmest Regards - Daniel 

Mar 4, 20 8:52 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: