Archinect
anchor

looking for a Master's Degree that can cover both materials science & architecture

mina.mr

Hi;

I am an undergraduate materials science student that feel the empty part of art in my life... architecture was always one of my favorite fields but i liked materials science too, so i decided to study m.s at university and now, after 3 years, i don't feel that i "love" my field of study... i want art to be a part of my life, not to be a hobby for leisure... i want art to be a part of my daily job although i love science( specially materials science), so i'm looking for a Master's Degree that can cover both materials science & architecture.

please guide me if you know any thing about these, thanks.

Feb 8, 20 12:39 pm
Wood Guy

Architecture can include a lot of material science, either on the decorative end of things, or on the building science end of things. 

Feb 8, 20 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

I am attending TU Eindhoven and the school offers a joint MSc in Architecture & Building Psysics, which involves material science. 

Also TU Delft's MSc in Building Technology track has material science seminars. 

Feb 9, 20 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
lmnoc1

So it's master of science in architecture

Or civil engineering

Feb 11, 20 1:29 am  · 
 · 
clevelandcynic

Consider the MIT SMarchS program. I went to MIT (for undergrad though) and I actually majored in architecture with a minor in materials science. The school has really great resources for both and there's tons of interest in novel material technologies for architecture. You'd have to kind of forge your own path, but I'm sure you can find the overlap between the disciplines.

Feb 13, 20 12:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: