Archinect
anchor

path to a masters degree

juanl01

I'm currently not fully decisive on what i want to study but architecture is a top choice. I live in florida and qualify for bright futures (scholarship that covers my tuition) so i would like to stay in state. My top option is UF but as i've researched it i've realized that the B. Arch there isn't accredited by NAAB. 

"Most states require architects to hold accredited degrees. Two types of degrees accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) are the Bachelor of Architecture (5 years) and the Master of Architecture (1, 2 or 3 years depending on institution). Both degrees are structured for registration and licensure. UF's four-year preprofessional degree is not accredited by the NAAB; the two-year Master of Architecture degree is an accredited degree."https://catalog.ufl.edu/UGRD/colleges-schools/UGDCP/ARC_BDES/

My question is what negative effects can that exactly have in the aspect of getting my masters at a more prestigious university that is accredited and will it affect any employment possibility such as internships right out of school. 

I realize that the masters degree is accredited but i would really like to et my masters in another, top ranking, university.

Thank you in advanced for any responses. looking forward to hear what you guys have to say

-Juan

Feb 5, 20 6:12 pm
muji-pen

it makes no difference, just make sure to have a good GPA from day one and have a strong portfolio at the end of undergrad. Honestly it's all portfolio based, as long as ur grades aren't abysmal, it doesn't matter what ur undergrad is in if you're planning to pursue graduate studies in architecture 

Feb 6, 20 12:28 am  · 
 · 
juanl01

Thank you for your help @muji-pen!

Feb 6, 20 6:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: