Archinect
anchor

Urban Design - TU Berlin Application 2020

Elicia

Hello everyone. Has anyone applied to Master's in Urban Design at TU Berlin for Winter 2020? I tried to apply via uni-assist but I cannot find the course listed. Has anyone faced the same problem? or am I doings something wrong? I have tried contacting TU Berlin but there haven't been any replies since the past 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Feb 5, 20 12:54 pm
bhaveshwadhwani

Hey Elicia,

I am also looking forward to apply this year. I tried contacting the the university and apparently it is too early for winter applications. However, they did not give me exact dates of the application window, I suggest you try again in March/April.

Feb 6, 20 12:42 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia
For this year, most schools didn’t open applications until fall term, about three to four months before application deadlines in January. I found myself frustrated by this too but they are very busy working the regular school year and handling applications for this round. Just plan for a page limit in your portfolio 20- 30 pages, three Rec letters and a statement of intent that is anywhere from <500 words to 1000 words (that’s if they don’t have prompts) That’s all you can do for now, just work on your portfolio and statement.
Feb 6, 20 12:54 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia
*<500 words to 1000 words (if there are no specific prompts anyway) just work on your portfolio and statement for now, that’s all you can do to prepare.
Feb 6, 20 12:56 am  · 
 · 
Elicia

Thank you guys. I am working on my application documents for now. All the best to all the applicants. 

Feb 7, 20 10:08 am  · 
 · 
zealshah49

Hey Elicia, have you already applied for the Master's in Urban Design course? 

And Archlandia as per the guidelines on the website, the portfolio should not exceed 6-8 pages. I am currently struggling to fit all my content in those 8 pages. 

Mar 30, 20 8:40 am  · 
 · 
benanbal

Hello everyone,

Did any of you apply trough uni-assist so far? I am having a trouble to select online documents for each subject. Uni-assist didn't ask me to pick the documents at any step of the application and without my portfolio my application looks done.

Did any of you face the same problem?

Apr 23, 20 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
gauravkaduskar

has anybody recieved an email about the selection for interview round??

Sep 8, 20 11:10 am  · 
 · 
arid

yes :)

Sep 9, 20 6:57 am  · 
 · 
gauravkaduskar

When did you receive it?

Sep 9, 20 7:27 am  · 
 · 
gauravkaduskar

What does your status say on the tub portal?

Sep 9, 20 7:29 am  · 
 · 
nidabilgen

Hello!

Did anyone receive an acceptance or a rejection e-mail? 

I didn´t receive any mail so I want to know if someone got an acceptance letter, I will assume that my application is rejected and I will let it go.

Sep 28, 20 7:05 am  · 
 · 
gauravkaduskar

Nupe.. no formal letter as such..

Sep 28, 20 7:12 am  · 
 · 
kurikutimeworks

hi. Ive got acceptance letter by 27.09.20. If you're accepted, you'll get email contains steps to enroll at tub portal

Sep 28, 20 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
iochat

Hello!

Did anyone else get an acceptance or rejection letter so far?

Oct 8, 20 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
gauravkaduskar

Nope.. nothing yet

Oct 8, 20 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
amd13

Hello! Anyone thinking of applying for the Urban Design at TU Berlin in 2021? Also, is there any information about the acceptance rate of the program, and generally how many students are admitted each year?

Apr 20, 21 3:39 am  · 
 · 
Shristi Thakuria

Hey, I applied for the same. Would like to stay connected. Have you received any updates so far?

Jun 23, 21 10:18 am  · 
1  · 
amd13

No news so far.. How about you?

Jul 6, 21 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
dilarabozkurt

Hello! Does anyone know what was the lowest grade(in the German grading system) that got admitted to the program last year?

Jun 18, 21 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
dilarabozkurt

Thank you. Here, there is lowest evaluation point(score: 78,5) they accepted and German gpa for the last person who is accepted from the waiting list. But there is no gpa information regarding the last person who applied for the first time and admitted

Jun 24, 21 3:28 am  · 
 · 
Shristi Thakuria

Yes I read, this score is a cumulative of all the requirements, however I think the waiting list gpa is an indication of the lowest possible gpa allowed. Only speculation though.

Jun 24, 21 4:39 am  · 
 · 
dilarabozkurt

I have no idea. 2,4 just seemed to be a bit unrealistic for TU Berlin, but it would be good if it does indicate the lowest grade for the ones that apply for the first time. I wonder how many people they accept each year, I will probably email them. Hopefully the impacts of cyberattack is gone

Jun 24, 21 5:50 am  · 
1  · 
Shristi Thakuria

Yes, their requirements were also vaguely stated. I think they'll be replying to mails although it may take some time to revert back.

Jun 24, 21 6:08 am  · 
 · 
dilarabozkurt

Hello. Is there anyone who has ideas regarding the topics that will be focused on in the interview?

Jul 26, 21 9:59 am  · 
 · 
inarrapaj

Hi, @dilarabozkurt, i am on the same boat.I have an invitation for interview but no idea on what to prepare 

Jul 26, 21 12:16 pm  · 
1  · 
yashdeepsinghahluwalia

Hello @dilarabozkurt @inarrapaj, how was the interview? Have you got the confirmation mail?

Aug 10, 21 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
yuanfang

Hi,

Did anyone receive an acceptance or a rejection e-mail for the Urban Design at TU Berlin in 2021?

After the interview in August, I didn't receive any emails.

Sep 7, 21 3:15 am  · 
 · 
dilarabozkurt

Same for me. I heard some people received their acceptance letter on the 20th of August. However, there are many other people have no certain result yet. Btw, you can check your status of application on tu berlin portal. The university sends an email only to the ones who are accepted

Sep 7, 21 6:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: