Archinect
anchor

KADK M.arch insights

Ikoz

I'm applying for the Master of Architecture and Extreme Environments with KADK however I was hoping to get some first-hand insight on the course/studying at KADK and Denmark in general. I'd love to know:

-Best aspects

-Worst aspects

-Things you didn't expect

-Overall rating out of 10

If I got in I would be coming in as an international student from Australia so any perspectives from internationals would be greatly appreciated.

Thank!

Jan 8, 20 4:10 am
brookrb

Warning I have not attended KADK, but I do have some information. I applied to the Urbanism and Societal Change program last year and did not get in. They accept roughly 40 per program and let in somewhere between 5-15 non-EU people per program. The one I applied for they told me only 5 non-EU people got accepted and 180 non-EU applied. 

I did visit the school last year and did a walk around. I stumbled into the urbanism and societal change program room and the students were extremely friendly. The quality of work was high, exactly the type of work I would want to do and expect from the program. The facilities are kinda dated, but I did not see their workshop/prototyping lab. They are located kinda on an isle of sorts across the river from the main part of copenhagen, pretty cool environment if you ask me. 

I absolutely loved Copenhagen. It's a city that many people fall in love with from what I understand. In fact, I hope to move and live there for a portion of my life. 

I'm going to apply again this year, but for the Strategic Design & Entrepreneurship program as I would like to open my own firm. 

Good luck!

Jan 8, 20 11:29 am  · 
 · 
yimingyang

Hi, brookrb. hope you are all well. Did u get in strategic design this time?

Jul 23, 20 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: