Archinect
anchor

Recommended MLA programs without GRE

amh_253

Hi guys! 

Im in the process of applying for MLA programs, are there any recommendations for good programs that don't require the GRE?

Jan 5, 20 3:59 pm

Quick look-

Boston Architectural Center

For others- it's not stated in the Council for Educators in Landscape Architecture, or any other easy access database. You'd be best served finding schools of interest and looking at their requirements. Once you have a sense of what they expect, start contacting the chair for graduate studies.

Jan 5, 20 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
JessMynn

Two MLA programs that I was considering and happen to not require GREs are Cornell (GREs recommended but not required unless you're applying for a fellowship), and RISD. MIT also has several masters that overlap with what they call "landscape and urbanism" which seems to be a combination of landscape architecture and urban design, I don't think any of them lead to professional accreditation as a landscape architect, and I'm only assuming they don't require GREs because the M. Arch. program doesn't. I wasn't specifically looking for programs that don't require GREs so I'm sure there are plenty more out there. 

Feb 12, 20 12:28 am  · 
 · 

Incorrect. Both Cornell and RISD offer accredited degrees. If there’s and question all of the programs are listed in CELA (link above).

Feb 12, 20 12:42 am  · 
 · 
JessMynn

I was referring to the MIT landscape and urbanism programs that I mentioned directly prior.

Feb 12, 20 10:30 am  · 
 · 

Gotcha.

Feb 12, 20 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia

Why? You're severely limiting your options because of a test?

Feb 12, 20 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
JessMynn

I'm guessing because it was posted on Jan. 5 they were trying to get last minute applications in for Fall '20 and didn't have time to write the test. Though international students might have limited access to testing centres and don't qualify for fee waivers if it's cost prohibitive, and some people just don't perform well on standardized tests.

Feb 12, 20 7:24 pm  · 
1  · 
amh_253

Yea, it was quite limiting, I just didn't have the time to take the test this year.

I got into UCB, Cornell, Columbia(MSAUD), OSU, AA (Landscape Urbanism). 

Token scholarship from UCB and a decent ride from OSU. Without enough money, I cant possibly go, so still figuring that one out. 

Mar 9, 20 4:28 am  · 
 · 
nehamungale

Hello Guys, can anyone help me out with MLA programs which are also STEM courses. 

Jun 25, 22 1:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: