Archinect
anchor

Architecture and People interactions

nishitasampat

I am starting my thesis with the question of how to provide opportunities to people for interactions through architecture. It is a quest of bridging the gap of building and connection to people. Study how built environment can be a part of public realm. Buildings today are merely becoming functional and the social interactions between people is depleting. 

I am confused with what should be the design/built in my design thesis that is for the public and encourages interaction. If anyone could help me identify the built/ building i should design for the same. 

Dec 27, 19 12:50 am
midlander

find a specific kind of interaction to focus on or you'll get lost and find nothing to say.

i think a comparison of the different places people hold dinner parties - at home, at restaurants, at hotel ballrooms - could be very interesting and reveal trends in the response of architecture to cultural and social priorities.

there are of course other interactions and environments to consider - just my suggestion to focus on a single type of interaction and consider the different environments that support it.

Dec 28, 19 3:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: