Archinect
anchor

GRE score compared to schools applying to

Bbke

Hi! 

I received a 155 V and 143 Q on the GRE (haven’t gotten written scores back yet). Was wondering based on others experiences if similar scores were a road block from getting into grad schools. For reference, my applications are going more towards art schools: RISD and PRATT as well as schools like UIC, and WOODBURY which aren’t as top tier. My understanding is that GRE scores usually act as a tie breaker between candidates but I’m basically just curious about others acceptances or rejections with low (or similar to my) GRE scores and simply average GPAs from undergrad (3.5-3.6 range). Assuming my portfolio, rec letters and personal statement are impressive, should I find the time to worry about these scores?

Thanks! 

Oct 9, 19 3:19 pm
Archlandia

Woodbury doesn't require the GRE so that's one less thing to worry about

Oct 9, 19 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

For best insight, contact each program you are considering to learn what weight the GRE has in the process; ask what admitted students in the passed received for the GRE.

I would focus more on your transcript and portfolio.

Oct 11, 19 9:38 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

All I know is having a high GRE score doesn't matter.

Oct 11, 19 9:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: