Archinect
anchor

Fulfilling prerequisites for M.Arch I

Architoit

Hi guys,

I am an international student with a background in business wishing to apply for an M.Arch I for Fall 2020. This forum has been incredible helpful for me throughout the tedious process of trying to understand where i stand in pursuit of this goal and i appreciate every one out here that is able to lend a helping hand.

Coming to the point, i have narrowed my choice of colleges down (loosely) to SCI-Arc, Parsons, UCLA, UofM, Pratt, NCSU, CalPoly Pomona and UIUC. My dilemma, and the subject of this post, is that most of these colleges require me to take at least two semester-long prerequisite courses before enrollment.

As someone with scarce experience in the US education system, i would appreciate it if somebody could help me understand a few things:

1) Would an online course work? (StraighterLine or UTexas for instance)

2) How long do these semester-long courses usually take? Do i have the flexibility to complete them at a more rigorous pace if needed?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 19 9:27 pm
atelier nobody

1) Make sure your on-line courses are from a properly accredited school and they should be fine.

2) Semesters in the US are typically from 15-18 weeks. Whether you can work at your own pace depends on the course, so you would need to research the specific courses you are considering.

Sep 3, 19 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
akashdhanturi

Thanks Atelier. 

I've been trying to get in touch with universities regarding StraighterLine mainly because it is so much cheaper than the other options. Waiting for responses now.

Sep 10, 19 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
alxporter

Hi, I'm wondering how you made out.. I'm in a similar circumstance. After applying, I'm awaiting a decision from SCI-Arc, Parsons, and Pratt. How/where did you take your prerequisite courses? Thanks.

Jan 14, 21 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: