Archinect
anchor

IS ARCHITECTURE FOR ME ? PLEASE HELP ME !! ADVICE NEEDED!!

inderpreetdhillon

Greetings Everyone !!

MY BACKGROUND - I am in my gap year which i have taken after completing my high school. My home country is India and plan to be an international student for my undergrad.

REASONS WHY I AM CONSIDERING ARCHITECTURE - In my high school i studied mathematics ( 95/100) and physics (93/100) and chemistry (88/100) and other subjects with an average of (92/100) overall. As i participated in many art and craft competitions throughout my high school , i considered choosing a degree which could include both art and maths/physics and i could not figure out anything other than architecture. 

Another to this reason, i roughly desired to work as a self employed architect after my education and work experience oversees . 

FACTORS THAT MAKE ME NERVOUS ABOUT AN ARCH DEGREE -The first thought that makes me insecure is that is it really for me ? Is just considering love for maths and art enough ? ( Although i had my aptitude test done which unveils that i have strong spacial and arithmetic ability)

In addition to this,all the negative reviews about architect as a profession on internet,low employability and low pay scale discourages me. ( Should i consider these things?)

WHAT THINGS ARE AT RISK - I have a strong aspiration for an international experience , so i will be paying a hefty tuition fee in a foreign architecture school. Therefore, i want to opt a things that brings value for my time and money.

WHAT I WANT FROM YOU - Firstly i am really thankful to all the readers of this threat for investing their time and energy . 

I want you all to guide me how to narrow down to a strong decision and what factors  i should consider before choosing architecture . What people or professionals i should approach to clarify my career doubts or any other thing that could help me. All valuable advice will be highly cherished .

This naive teen would be very grateful for your contribution in an important decision of my life.

Hope you all have a nice day !

Inderpreet.

Aug 28, 19 4:35 am
Archlandia

Have you ever gotten chills from a building?

Aug 28, 19 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

^^THIS^^

Aug 28, 19 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

I have...the air conditioner was on to high

Aug 28, 19 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

NO 

Aug 28, 19 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
inderpreetdhillon

Dear sir

Aug 28, 19 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
inderpreetdhillon

Dear sir

· 
inderpreetdhillon

And specific reason , you would like to add

· 
archiwutm8

When you see negative space in buildings do your nipples become erect?

If yes then you know the answer.

Aug 28, 19 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

We all anatomically vary, however, there is a length requirement. "you must be this erect to ride this ride"

Aug 28, 19 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
inderpreetdhillon

Dear sir , I couldn’t understand . Would you please elaborate

Aug 28, 19 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

It depends, is your GPA higher than 2.51?

Aug 28, 19 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
inderpreetdhillon

Yes sir , I do have a high percentage ( I don’t know GPA because it’s not followed in my country) but I have 92% in high school which makes me eligible for any major

Aug 28, 19 10:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: