Archinect
anchor

2.51 GPA..Desperate for help!

AlinaF

I am a very talented and ambitious student currently applying for an MArch. I want your advice... Which schools can I get into with a 2.51 GPA? 

My wishlist schools are Portland State University, MIT, SCI-Arc, Pratt, UMich and Berkeley. I don't think I stand a chance to get into Pratt or UMich, but I'm going to apply anyway.

Please help I don't know if I can really become an architect with my GPA and I am starting to get desperate! 

Aug 22, 19 2:14 pm
Scent_of_a_woman

Alina, you won't go very far with that GPA. End of story. 

Aug 22, 19 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
rsrs

You want to get into.. MIT(!) with 2.50?! Ok.. let us know how that goes 8-)

Aug 22, 19 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
rsrs

Mostly realistic.. With 2.50 you won't even get into Portland State that you mentioned.

Aug 22, 19 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Oh, this is sarcasm.

Aug 22, 19 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

So this is just a terrible attempt at trolling? 

Aug 22, 19 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Ricky no it's a trap.

Aug 22, 19 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I tried

Aug 22, 19 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
ForeignConcept

Notre Dame is a great school to pursue classical architecture. Don’t know about GPA but it seems aligned with your interests.

Aug 22, 19 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Youve truly got the winning trifecta combo : Crap School + Crap GPA + (Most importantly) CRAP ATTITUDE.

Aug 22, 19 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

1/10 for the OP’s attempt. 

9/10 for the response. 

Aug 22, 19 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I recommend chainsaw juggling.

Aug 22, 19 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oddly enough neither one of degrees used a gpa system.

Aug 22, 19 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

You need to keep better track of your storylines. Remember "I paid my way into a top school and cheated to graduate. After graduation, I was easily hired at starchitect firms through the school's alumni network."?  

Aug 22, 19 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

You cheated to graduate and only managed a 2.5? So then why can't you buy your way into an M.Arch program?

Aug 22, 19 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

The trolling, it does nothing!

Aug 22, 19 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

You're fascinating.

Aug 22, 19 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

Hi Alina, I am sorry to say this but your GPA is too low for the schools you are applying to.

Have you thought about Boston Architectural College?

Aug 22, 19 7:30 pm  · 
 · 

No Alina, I don't think so. As I said, your GPA (and I would imagine your portfolio too) is not sufficient.

Aug 22, 19 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

AlinaF I wouldn't usually say this but a 2.5 GPA from a school like PSU is a clear indication of a complete lack of academic ability at all levels. I am surprised as to why you still want to continue with an MArch since you clearly didn't take your former studies seriously. Personally, I would never hire a graduate of that low calibre. 

Aug 22, 19 8:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: