Archinect
anchor

Computer Recommendations for Architecture School

Frank_Lloyd_Wrong

Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a new laptop, and I am on a strict budget of $500, as I am a student.  I only have one year left in my program, so I am not looking for a state of the art machine, but rather one that can simply get me through the year, preferably a refurbished one.  I would also like to find one that can run Lumion.  The requirements for Lumion are below.  Any suggestions?  (Sorry for the long post)

Graphics card:
Mid-range graphics card
(at least 6,000 PassMark points)

Graphics card memory:
6 GB

Graphics card examples:
Radeon RX 570, GeForce GTX TITAN

Operating system:
64-bit Windows 10, 8.1 or 7 SP1 with all updates installed.

CPU (Processor):
Intel Core i5 with 3.6 GHz base/boost speed or higher

Monitor resolution:
Minimum 1600 x 1080 pixels

Aug 7, 19 7:29 am
Non Sequitur

Sorry to bust your bubble... but you won't even get a used mid-range GPU at $500... let alone one the rest of the laptop.

That GeForce GTX TITAN you list is like almost $500  for the lesser laptop ones (GTX1060-6gb).

So, since you only have one year left, how about you use your university's pc lab?  

What worries me more is that high-quality rendering software like Lumion is so dirt simple to use that any random wanker can press buttons for results without even knowing what the parts in the machine do. 

/end rant

Aug 7, 19 8:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: