Archinect
anchor

Masters in Real Estate Development (MSRED) after B.Arch

Tororuto

Hello,

I am a recent graduate architect (2019) with a B.Arch degree from Mumbai University in India. Though I like to design buildings and structures; I am more interested in development aspect and urban planning fields.

I feel that my architectural education and sensibilities along with my soft skills would be useful for me to develop a career in Real Estate.

Is pursuing a Masters in Real Estate Development a viable option for me?

Aug 5, 19 11:58 am
threeohdoor

Yes?

Aug 5, 19 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

Also, no?

Aug 5, 19 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

"So what? You think you're my master now?"

Aug 5, 19 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
username_af

100% viable for you. There are masters degrees relating to real estate at MIT, Columbia, Harvard, UC Berkeley, Pratt and many other schools. Each of them has it's own pros and cons that I would urge you to look into. Also, several MBAs across the country have concentrations in real estate.

Generally, they all require the GRE/GMAT, a personal statement, portfolio and recommendation letter so if you are really interested, I would highly encourage you to get started now as deadlines are usually end of December / early January. 

I have the same background as you and I put this decision off for almost 5 years for fear of not getting in. In the end, I applied to all of those and got in, so definitely go for it.

Good luck!

Aug 7, 19 9:52 am  · 
 · 
mdhuang94

For recent grads with less than 3 years of experience, an MBA would not be worth it and extremely challenging to get into unless its not a top 20 MBA program. I almost made this mistake until I found out getting an MBA with only 2 years of architecture experience to switch into RED, would not qualify me for an associate level job but rather an analyst role making $65-75K.

Jul 23, 20 1:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: