studying architecture



I hold a bachelors degree of science in physics and I have always wanted to study architecture and be able to work and practice it afterwards. due to personal issues and things not working out, I couldn't go for it after high school, now I'd like to try again.

I was wondering which is a better option that would allow me to work as an architect afterwards, studying an MArch (usually offered by US/canadian universities for students with a non-architecture background) or a BSc/BA in architecture? I'd also like the shortest option due to financial and timing limitations.

Also, what are the cheapest universities offering those options? My budget for the entire plan (stay+tuition for the entire duration) is 22000euros.

I would truly appreciate any kind of help, this is truly what I want to be doing and I hope I can make it happen.

Jul 26, 19 6:33 pm

Get the M.Arch. Go to a public university.

If you're coming to a school in the US, you're going to have to scrounge up a lot of financial aid / scholarships / research grants to get through it with less than 22k euro.

Jul 26, 19 6:45 pm  · 

Get an MSc in Building Physics. 

Jul 30, 19 8:13 pm  · 
Dr. Architecture

If you wish to become an architect, you will need to pursue the Master of Architecture (3-4 years).  This degree is designed for students who have an undergraduate degree in another discipline.

As for the programs for the best value/dollar -- visit https://www.studyarchitecture.... - it has a listing of all programs.

Also, visit -- it serves as a valuable resource in becoming an architect.  

Let me know how I can be of assistance.

Aug 13, 19 4:13 pm  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: