Archinect
anchor

4 year degree + March (3year)

petursigurdsson

Is getting a 4 degree in a business related field then a Masters of architecture a viable plan to get into the architecture field? If so, what degree? My end goal is to run or start an architecture firm. 

I am leaning towards BS Marketing or a BS in Business Administration with a focus in Marketing. Lastly, is a 5 year Barch degree then an MBA also a good route?

Jul 15, 19 12:05 pm
Non Sequitur

Why architecture?

More specifically, how much do you know about the professional world of architects, building design, contract admin, and construction details?

Jul 15, 19 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
petursigurdsson

I am currently studying Construction Architecture in Iceland which is described as a combination of architecture and civil engineering. The program requires a few business-related courses which I have been very fond of. I am transferring to a US University this fall with a major in Marketing. I am still very passionate about architecture and could definitely see myself returning to the field.

Jul 15, 19 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: