Archinect
anchor

Looking for possible thesis focus with regard to our thesis them " Responsive Cities"

Mileycyrus

I am currently in my 5th year studying architecture and I am gonna start next sem with thesis 1 that has a theme "Responsive Cities" . I am still debating with myself on what I should problem I should focus on, if you can suggest some I would really appreciate it.

Jun 3, 19 10:08 am
Gloominati

Focus on the apathy and helplessness of urban students, and its impact on the fabric of the city.

Jun 3, 19 10:42 am  · 
 · 

1-How can you start with a theme and THEN come up with the topic. 

or;

2-How can you come up with a theme without understanding the underlying topics?

Surely there has been some research that led to revelation that this could be a compelling topic to explore. Which leads to:

3-A theme is not a thesis statement. Those two words lack any explicit inquiry that supports or challenge basic assumptions and/or perceptions. With responsive cities you could end up with something as esoteric as the "Architecture of sanitation: public disinfectant dispensers in the new age of virus politics," or "Look into my Eyes: the Urbanization of Facial Recognition Technology for customized public space on demand." Or you could do the reading and come up with a topic and not just rely upon two vague words...

Point being, it's honestly not a good idea to crowd source your thesis and the expect to make something compelling. OR: How can you make your own meal if you hope everyone with share morsels from their own plates?

Jun 3, 19 10:57 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Parti in the USA.

Jun 3, 19 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
randomised
I’d focus on responsive cities for your thesis, seems to fit nicely with the theme of your semester...
Jun 3, 19 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

WHAT IS A RESPONSIVE CITY?

Jun 3, 19 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: