Archinect
anchor

Advice choosing a program?

cameronsteiner

Hello everyone.  So I have been accepted into 2 architecture programs: Daniels at UofT and Laurentian McEwen.  I am torn between the two programs; UofT is a well established University but lacks a co-op and an architecture degree (B.Arts).  Laurentian on the other hand seems like a very hands on program, has a brand new well stocked building and has a co-op, but is very new and is soon to be accredited.  I know that any Bachelor's degree itself in unaccredited, I was wondering which program will help me get into a great masters program and where will prepare me for the field the most.  Thank you so much, I look forward to the replies!

Apr 30, 19 6:03 pm
Non Sequitur

none. Both are at the bottom of the list when considering architecture studies bachelors. 

Apr 30, 19 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
cameronsteiner

I know they aren't the most prestigious, hoping for Carleton I've been waitlisted. Any idea if transfering into a different school is an option for second year?

Apr 30, 19 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
cameronsteiner

Also is Carleton any better in your opinion?

Apr 30, 19 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Carleton is middle ground with some upside depending on the studio prof, electives or worships you take. See my other post on the Carleton thread from earlier today if you want more on that school. Direct Transferring is not possible given each program’s course difference but you may be able to negotiate something.

Apr 30, 19 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

*workshops

Apr 30, 19 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Laurentian will most likely prepare you better for the working world.

Apr 30, 19 6:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: