Archinect
anchor

Is it possible to do an Architecture Master in Europe with an Urban planning degree ?

NathanB

I am currently studying urban planning in germany, and consider getting into the field of architecture and urban design when i finish my degree. I think getting a masters in architecture will be quite useful. Unfortunately i couldn'd find a master of architecture yet that doesnt require a bachelor of architecture, so anyone knows programs where entering with an urban planning / spatial planning bachelors is possible ?

Apr 29, 19 6:06 pm
SpeculativeCollonade

A license-track M.Arch in Europe is difficult for non-architecture bachelor students. You would find more opportunity in USA. The only one that comes to mind would be doing the diploma school at the AA or possibly ETH Zurich. 

However, you could apply for admission to non-license track or postgraduate architecture (or related study within design) study such as: B-Pro at the Bartlett, MRes Architecture at RCA, MAA at IAAC, or MA programs at KADK.

Apr 30, 19 12:57 am  · 
1  · 
NathanB

Thanks for the recommendations. I am not primarly looking to get licensed but just get an architectural education to make it easier getting a job in an architecture firm. 

Apr 30, 19 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: