Archinect
anchor

GPA for UCLA/Berkley M. Arch I application (With B.S. Arch)?

ham1

Also applicable to ivies, I'm currently getting my B.S. Arch from University of Michigan with a minor in sustainability if that makes a difference. Currently have a 3.4 so I just want to get an idea of what to shoot for to be competitive. Also, I know GPA matters for architecture program applications, but whats the weight compared to that of portfolios, recommendations, etc.?

Thanks

Apr 22, 19 3:08 pm
Non Sequitur

why aim any lower?

Apr 22, 19 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

Sorry, didn't mean to phrase it like that, obviously I'm shooting for a 4.0. I just want to know how competitive my application will be if I end up graduating with around a 3.5. I'm also from the bay area so going to cal would be amazing in terms of education and tuition + possibly living in my parent's basement for two years to save money

Nov 4, 19 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

cool story, did you just remember about this thread 5 months later? 3.5 will make most admin cuts.  After that it'll be all about the portfolio and ref letters.

Nov 4, 19 10:21 am  · 
 · 
ham1

Sheesh, someones had a bad day. Thanks for the info, have a good one

Nov 5, 19 10:49 am  · 
 · 
lat8r

Portfolio + Personal Statement + Letter of Recs above all

GPA is probably second to last what they'll care about for admission.

Apr 22, 19 8:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: