Archinect
anchor

Deciding between UPenn + UMich M.Arch

cprinsen

I come from a university that pushes very analog methods of design (model building, hand drawing, sketching, drafting)

I believe I would enjoy going to a grad program that can give me all the aspects of architectural design that I haven't learned yet. Meaning I want something more digital/fabrication based.

UMich is always ranked and hands down has some of the best graduate programs (great connections, funding, and resources). UPenn is not necessarily seen has having a great architecture program, although it is an ivy league school (great connections, funding, and resources).

I want a school that I will be happy attending, and will teach me a lot of new things.

I'm looking for specific aspects about these schools that separate themselves from each other. For example; UPenn is much more expensive, or UMich may not look as good on a resume as UPenn(I don't know if this is true).

Thank you!

Apr 7, 19 10:36 pm
_N8_

If you don't mind, which one did you end up going to, and why? I am in the same boat

Mar 15, 21 5:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: